I am not sure why and I can never tell exactly when, but lately the Boy can often be found laying on the ground, motionless. He is completely content in this position. I once thought it would be a good idea to get down there with him. When he saw me, he cried, got up on all fours, and crawled away. So I stood up, feeling rejected, and went back to what I was doing. He then returned to the original spot and resumed his lazy demeanor. Here he is on:
Friday
Saturday
Either this is his Happy Place, or he's given up on life. Whichever it is, he does NOT want to be bothered. Sometimes I feel like I should grab the chalk and outline him.
**In response to Jo's comment, he has never fallen asleep like this and never stays this way for more than 30 seconds. I guess when you've only lived 13 months, 30 second breaks seem sufficient.
13 comments:
That is so funny. I wonder why he does that?
But very cute too.
I think he does that because the floor is cool - as in temperature. Ya know, kinda like a dog does when he's hot!!!
I notice that it is never on carpet, therefore this is my expert opinion.
I think he does that because the floor is cool - as in temperature. Ya know, kinda like a dog does when he's hot!!!
I notice that it is never on carpet, therefore this is my expert opinion.
Apparently, it is such a brilliant idea that i must have posted it twice:)
The boy is too funny. I wouldn't feel to rejected if he doesn't want to share his happy place. I am sure you can find a more comfortable happy place to use while he is lying on the floor.
The boy is very wise. A little alone time for reflection and meditation is very healthy! And I love the sprawled out legs. He looks comfortable.
Too funny. I love it! I want to know has he ever fallen asleep and how long does he stay down. SO CUTE!
I'm glad to see this post! I was waiting for it after you jumped up to take his picture the other day! What a cutie.
On Saturday, he did do this on the carpet as well. Maybe he just likes the sensation of splaying his body out on the floor. It is a shame he won't remember this when he is old enough to explain this to you.
That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen a kid do. He must think that is his ahppy place. Either that or he just gets pooped put in that same spot and has to rest for a second. Either way it is so funny but very cute. Those pictures will make great ones to show your future daughter in law one day.
That is so funny, I can't believe that interesting things they do.
I can relate. There are various points during my day when I feel compelled to do the same thing. It looks like such a peaceful rest. Now if you could just come live with me so that I'd have someone at my beck and call to bring water, juice, snacks, etc. that would be just great!!!
Post a Comment