February 27, 2008

An Unexpected Visitor

This is Stella. She lives behind us one block over and decided to drop in this morning to say hello. I saw her out of the corner of my eye while I was sitting at the computer and she was snarfing around our driveway. So I hurried her through the house and onto our back porch. Stella has visited us once before (also unannounced - she just has no etiquette). And though the picture on the bottom makes her look like a good candidate for a Cujo movie, she is a very sweet girl. But we are ill equipped to host a big dog. Besides that, Roxy is never all that thrilled to have another canine in the house. She is guarding that door with the full force of her 17 pounds. Outside however, they are buddies.

The Boy is also not a fan of Stella. I thought that having a dog would keep him from being afraid of them. Not so. He saw her and was terrified! Would you just look at that pitiful face.

Luckily Stella does not even come close to fitting through that doggy door, but it is not for a want of trying. Poor pooch picked the wrong day to get loose- she must be freezing! I hear her whining outside as I type. I hate to call Animal Control, but I think it's better than letting her become a popsicle.

9 comments:

Joanna said...

Poor little guy. I am not a fan of big dogs either so I think I would be crying with the boy.

Deborah said...

Every one of those pictures is so funny. Great post!

Tam said...

Great pictures Anna, very funny commentary too, but that last picture would send me crying like a baby also.

Mary said...

I'm having a flash back to a similar situation with my Anna and the dogs next door. Very cute pics!

Carrie said...

Ok, I may have nightmares after looking at the last picture - it reminds me of a scary movie. I don't even watch Willy Wonka. FREAKS ME OUT!

Stephanie said...

AAhhhhhh yes! Dogs are so much fun. It's a good thing that you already knew her!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

I totally agree that the last picture makes that dog look like it's come straight from hell to get you. Poor thing probably doesn't know she's so un-photogenic.

Anonymous said...

I think the boy is crying because he is afarid the poor dog is becoming a popsicle, too. Maybe he's just an animal lover like his Mommie!?! Okay.... maybe the big, black dog-thing does look really bad trying to come through that door! I DO give Kudo's to Roxie for trying to guard the house! BIG HAND FOR THE UNDERDOG!

Anonymous said...

I love dogs to but I think that picture freaks me smooth out. That looks like it came straight out of a scary movie. Creepy.