March 19, 2008

It Begins


I knew this day would come. I wrote about it a while ago. Read this post first if you haven't already. The Boy now finds great joy in tossing his food down to the dog. He giggles and giggles whenever she snarfs around his chair and eats his hand-me-downs. So I started to take his food away when he did this. (He's having a hard time breaking the 20 pound barrier and doesn't really need to be giving food away.) That didn't stop him. Oh no. Even if there is nothing on his tray, he still grabs at invisible food and "tosses" it onto the floor. Then he laughs at Roxy for sniffing around for it. It's a little brutal - especially for a 1 year old. So now, during the times he feeds himself, we have to gate Roxy out of the dining room. I can't keep doing that though...I have no permanent solution here.

It's kind of difficult to see in the picture, but if you look closely on the floor to the left of the boy, you'll see his bread pieces on the ground. And below, he is enjoying feeding her his afternoon snacks. Ugh.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

oh my that is funny and frustrating at the same time. He is very cute though. :) I wish I had some great idea for you.

laura said...

well, at least you don't have to vacuum!

Anna said...

: ) Definitely a bonus, Laura!

Deborah said...

It was bound to happen. Move that boy to the kitchen and save your carpet.

Mary said...

Oh I feel your pain. This too shall pass.

Amy said...

I agree with Deborah. Move the boy. But I have to say that I new the day would come when the boy's deviousness would come out.

Dakin said...

This was the stage when my boys really learned Mommy's angry voice. I hated them purposely throwing food on the ground, and my tone of voice showed it. They got over it relatively quickly--I guess it wasn't worth making Mommy mad. But, there's always plenty of food on the ground just by accident anyway, alas. You're lucky to have a dog so you don't have to bend over for clean up!