January 20, 2008

Milk is Goooood!

A Warning: I do not think I have many (if any) male visitors here, but if I do, please feel free to skip this post as it is about breastfeeding.

I may be jumping the gun a little here, but I must share with all of you that I believe the Boy is completely weaned. It took all of ..... one day. We went from three nursings to zero in just over 24 hours. In my opinion, I accidentally scared him into this. (I won't give you the details here but there was no trauma involved - for the Boy anyways.) Plus, I came to realize that he wasn't getting as much out of those three nursings a day as I thought, but still...I am very happy that he has managed to go cold turkey by himself. He is onto the sippy cup and whole milk. And while the first day was a little bit of a struggle, today is much improved.

Seriously, I do not think I should have another child. There is no way God is going to let me have two just like this!

11 comments:

esmiley said...

That exactly how we feel about our little girl! We are so scared of what number two would bring! So for now we're happy with our easy little girl. I'm glad someone else can relate. :o) (Though weaning was a little harder for us, but not much!)

Tam said...

Way to go Anna and the boy! Good job to both of you. I have to ad that I am jealous of how easy you and he seem to make things look. : )

Jaime said...

Good for you! I am always planning for the worst with things like this...binkies, sleeping through the night, get ready for potty training! My first two kids could not be more opposites, which made me think that was a pretty mean trick, just when I got one thing figured out with the first, it was useless on the other. UGh! I guess that's life!

Amy said...

Glad milk is going over better today. The boy really is a peach! I want our little girl to be just like him. Can I order that up this late in pregnancy or is the hard wiring already complete?

Deborah said...

Yeah for both of you. He is a great eater and now will be a great drinker!

Joanna said...

always a happy day in our house. Enjoy your freedom. :) He truly is a sweet boy.

Tam said...

Hey I just noticed that you and I made matching comments to Laura and Emily about their tagged posts, I think your's was first, sorry, didn't mean to copy, I guess the sisters of our men are just "clever".

Jenny said...

I am so happy that he drinks milk! Gracie never would. She will have it on her cereal but thats it. He is so precious! So when are you coming back to crazytown? I love and miss you sooooo much!!!! Hugs to all!

Carrie said...

Good for you lady! I always felt so at ease when I was able to move onto something else....usually something bigger and more time consuming - but hey, that's motherhood!

April said...

Free at last! I felt so much freedom when I finished breastfeeding. Congratulations!

Mary said...

That is one happy day. Do you feel like your own person again? I always felt so free when we reached that milestone. Congrats.