January 31, 2008

I'm Outta Here

Now that the boy is a proficient crawler, he has discovered all the major exits of our home. Including this one - the doggie door.

I have not tested this out yet, but I am fairly certain that he could get through it with a little effort. Currently he spends a good deal of time poking his hand through. This bothers me for two reasons:


1. That door is a venue for all disgustingness. If indeed that is a word. And...

2. His little hand turns into an ice block.

But he doesn't care. Why is it that children don't mind being cold as much as adults? Do they not notice?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

If his hand turns into an ice block please call us ASAP, Nicolas will think he's a superhero!

Amy said...

I fear that one day you will find the boy half-way out of the door and stuck. Make sure you take a picture before rescuing him.

Anonymous said...

I think he takes after his Aunt Jo-
He's waiting for the hot fireman to crawl thru - EXACTLY WHERE I PLAN TO BE ALOT ON MY NEXT VISIT!!!!!!!

PS. You must Lysol the doggie door often!!

April said...

Just think, next time you lock yourself out you can just send him on through.

Deborah said...

Make sure you get a picture of him stuck in the doggie door!

A & D Weston said...

I don't know what it is about kids and cold. My 2nd boy will go outside without a coat and without shoes---and it is ZERO degrees outside. When I bring him his coat and boots he politely says, "Thank you Mama." And is happy to put them on, but is not willing to take any personal inititive to get these things for himself. Hmmmm.