I stopped by one of the city fire departments the other day, but it was temporarily relocated due to construction. So today I went into my local station just to ask where it had moved. Not only did I get that information, but the Boy got the grand tour.
Firefighter Mark (in the middle) let him "drive" the big engine and even turned the lights on for him. After that, he wanted to give the Boy a hat, but did not have any available at that station. So they sent another fireman (eek, I think his name is Bill - he's on the left) off to a different site to get one. Instead of having me wait, they brought it to my house! Firefighter Alan personally delivered it.
Thank you, guys! You made both our days.
June 8, 2009
We Love Our Firemen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, that's amazing. I'm sure they were wanting to be nice to that cute little boy and weren't at all influenced by his hot mom.
Haha! I seriously doubt it. And now is a good time to mention that I emailed this post to the one of the firefigthers, so careful what you say. : ) I'm sure generalities about the hotness of firefighters are welcome.
these are they guys who came when Chris' office was on fire!!
When my boys were young our fireman friend brought the truck one Sunday afternoon. My boys were in heaven!
Did you get us some shirts?
I was working on the shirts when I visited these guys. I'm a step closer thanks to Mark.
Talk about community service! What nice guys they are.
I second April and add: nice guys and adorable boy.
What a great story-I'm sure the little guy will remember that forever. By the way-he's huge! Everytime I look at your blog I'm amazed at what a big boy he's become and then I'm reminded of how long I've been gone.
Very Sweet! I love stories like that. Plenty of people are nice and good. btw - loved the balloon pics of Roxy and the boy!
how cool is that?!
Post a Comment