June 13, 2009

Bee Update

Just a few days after they arrived, the bees in my tree decided to move on. Thank goodness. They left behind a little something, though.

The Man brought it in and put it on the mantle. The next day I noticed a few drippings under it. He was brave enough to verify that it was honey - I was not.

I cannot believe how many bees were attached to this thing. I am so glad they left on their own. Rest easy, naturists.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Cool comb. I'm really glad they took off and left your yard.

Jaime said...

That is so cool...too bad you don't have kids old enough for show and tell - they would totally love that!

Tam said...

that really is cool, and kind of pretty too.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

oh, just say "rest well, nadia!" hee hee hee. you must think i'm crazy. i am glad they left on their own, though. and i understand not wanting to have something like that around. i wonder why they left? that is a really cool comb.