Remember Stella? I loved Stella. She quit showing up at our house, though. So yesterday, I decided to take the boy and Roxy to go get the mail. We can let Roxy out front now, because the Man installed one of those electric fences. I've opposed it for years due to the whole "shocking" thing, but it has been great!
But I digress. Roxy walked out ahead of me and the Boy. And then I noticed a dog in the front garden. She looked innocent enough, but I put the Boy back inside anyways. I tried to get Roxy in, but she was already deep into the butt sniffing. The dog came up to me, tail tucked. I started to lean in to see the phone number on the tag when SNAP! it got put-out with butt sniffing and attacked Roxy.
Let me tell you something. In situations like that, there are people who would remain calm and know exactly what to do. I am not one of those people. I am the one with arms flailing in the air screaming, "Everybody panic!" In any case, after about 8 seconds, Roxy managed to break free and runnnnn like the dickens. And the stray took off.
Here's her major battle wound - it was worse than the picture makes it look but still not too bad. Just bad enough that I had to take her to the vet and pay out the nose for it. She was so exhausted afterwards, she just went and laid in her bed. She never does that. Poor girl. I was so proud of her for putting up the best fight she could against a dog more than twice her size.
(Insert a tasteless Michael Vick joke here).
July 31, 2008
You Don't Get Lucky Twice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
poor Roxy.
poor roxy...i'm so sorry. i'm so glad she was able to get away. she deserves a goo rest.
so how come you haven't given roxy a code name like your Boy and Man? i think she deserves the same courtesy ;)
Per Nadia's request, Roxy shall henceforth be known as Rotten Brat.
Poor Rotten Brat, I hope her nose and ego heal quickly.
Poor Roxy. We love that girl and she is always safe and welcome here.
poor Roxy! That looks yucky!
poor roxy. i really wouldn't like my nose bitten like that.
Oh poor Roxie! I ran past your house the other day and saw her in the yard and guessed about the electric fence. Lifesaver aren't they?!
Scary! I'm with you on the whole flailing arms, panic thing. I'm glad everyone is OK.
poor roxy. does she care about being seen in public with her battle wound?
Post a Comment