July 14, 2008

While I was in NYC...

The Man took vacation so he could stay home with the Boy while I took my mom, grandmother, and nephew to NYC. Here is an email that he sent me while I was there:

I'm actually enjoying being with little guy and spending some time with my boy. For the most part he has been very good. We did some projects like seal the crack in the driveway and work in the railing in the front yard. We have run quite few errands and we went to the Museum. We went to Walmart earlier to get some milk (I got him a keyboard too, which he enjoyed for about 15 min.) He's been a pretty good napper too, so I've been able to get some studying done.

Of course, the last few days haven't been without times of boredome, anger, and irritation. For example, I forgot to change his diaper before we left and he was drinking up a storm because it's so hot. So he was completely soaked through by the time we got home. He is about out of clothes because I have had to change them so much. I contemplated doing a load of laundry, but I think we can scrape by. Two things that irritate me: when me and Roxy are on the couch he can't help but climb on the couch and hit the dog, regardless of how many times I tell him "no hit", or give time out. Same goes for the buttons on the receiver.

The second irritation: I cannot be on the computer without him whining to get on my lap or crawl under the desk to turn everything off. Infact, he has done both in the last five minutes. But, overall we've had a good time and I have enjoyed spending time with him. I was going to take him for a bike ride this evening, but it's too hot and humid. Maybe we'll head to the museum again.

Well I have to go, the whining is starting again. By the way, this ranks as top three longest emails I've ever written.

Love you and miss you,

It's nice to know that he's getting a taste for what my day is like. I think the Man works far harder than I do, but the mental drain of being at home has to be experienced first-hand.

I'll post more of NYC when I get home, and my nephew gets his pictures to me.

9 comments:

Mary said...

It's only a good thing when the men in our lives get the chance to understand how it feels to stay at home with the little ones.

Deborah said...

It is a great experience for them to share. They will both appreciate you all the more for it.

April said...

My favorite quote: "I contemplated doing a load of laundry, but I think we can scrape by."

Joanna said...

they really have NO idea do they. I too liked the laundry quote!

Amy said...

those two frustrations continue for awhile. Glad to see that David did not have to resort to do laundry. :)

Jaime said...

That is so the man for ya, not necessarily your man, I just mean ANY man. My sister was gone 2 whole weeks with 4 kids left with her hubby and not one load of laundry was done...imagine that pile!! That's the last thing you should worry about though, just that everything's fine and you're having a good time I hope!

nvandermeid said...

I hope you're having a great time! Hopefully the piles of laundry don't topple over and hurt someone.

Stephanie said...

The laundry quote was my favorite part too. I'm not sure that my man remembers how to use those machines. Maybe I should go away for a few days and see what happens! Enjoy your freedom...it will feel wonderful to come home again and you'll be a better mom...at least a little refreshed!

Tam said...

This is a reply to your comment (it seems a little out of context with this post but I'm just following those darn directions). My fave memory of you is when you so awesomely (is that a word?) sang one of my favorite songs at our wedding luncheon.