April 11, 2008

Boy's Grab Bag

I just had to mention a few things the Boy did today that I enjoyed. He is somewhat of a sensitive child, so when The Man started pretend wrestling with me in order to provoke the dog, little guy got very upset and cried. I don't mean to say that I enjoy making my child cry, but it was so cute that he was concerned.

Secondly, he has become a pretty good stacker. He now mixes his matrushka doll with the stacking cups. I like to believe that this means he is an out of the box thinker. Who says that the cups have to stick with the cups? I am not interested in what it really means, as my delusion leads to the conclusion that my child is a genius.


Finally, I played with Roxy a little while the Boy was sitting next to me. Roxy gets worn out pretty easily these days and the panting commences quickly after a few tosses of the ball. It was not enough that little guy growls like her, now he pants. Luckily, his breath is currently fresher than hers.

Okay, I said "finally" above but I didn't mean it. No one will care about this but me, but I have to write it down so that I have it written down. I know that makes sense to many of you - don't deny it. I think we have declared the Boy's first word to be...are you ready for this.....it's gonna be a shocker......dog. Yeah. Big surprise there. He's been saying it for a while now. But currently he also says (a lot I might add) "shoes". Sometimes this comes out as "shoes" or "shiss" and sometimes as "ooshs". He loves shoes. He loves playing with them and trying to put them on. But not quite as much as he loves taking them off. He is mumbling "shiss" at this very moment and tugging on them. But I digress. He understands many more words such as: ball, light, more, eat, milk, snuggle, book, his name, Roxy, mama, and daddy. And probably more that we don't know he knows.

If you made it to the bottom, thanks for hanging in!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a genius!!!!
You did not mention that he knows these words because he can tell them to you in sign language!!
This idea came to me after my kids could already speak. May I add that when I heard about teaching infants sign, I thought it was totally stupid (what do I know). Since then, I have come to the conclusion that it is BRILLIANT!!!What better way to understand your kiddo and keep them less fussy. Now they can tell you what they want instead of crying.
Now, if you have read all of this, thanks for letting me state my opinion:)

Deborah said...

These are big moments in the boy's life. I wish I had been blogging through each of my kids' toddlerhoods. I might remember more if I had.

Amy said...

Keep writing it down. Blogging for me is all about keeping a record. I don't care if it bores you all to tears. It will help me remember all the little and big moments with my family. And keep the delusion going, he really is a genius.

Joanna said...

my dad kept a journal for all 6 of us and it is mostly filled with one or two lines. Things that we did or said. It is pricless! You will be so glad to have it all written down!

Mary said...

I agree with Deborah. I often wish that I had been doing this when my kids were tots. I feel like I missed a lot by not writing it down. I figured I would get it all down in the scrapbook. I'm only 6 years behind on that so you can imagine how much I remember.

The boy is definitely a genius!!

Lisa O said...

The Boy's interest in stacking is ironically similar to your remarks in your talk yesterday (which was excellent by the way!). Yes, matrushka dolls and cups are different, but they CAN belong together!