April 2, 2008

Man Over Board!

Last night I decided I wanted to take a bath. I brought the Boy upstairs with me. He usually plays in the bathroom or his bedroom floor until I'm finished. Sometimes he stands at the side of the tub and giggles and reaches for the water. The difference between last night and other times is that he is taller now. He can reach the water. And once he got a taste, he couldn't stop.

Just as I was contemplating getting out, he reached pretty far over and SPLASH! he was in. Head first, feet in the air. I scooped him up right fast and waited for his look of shock to turn into a dramatic cry. Which it did. He was not persuaded that it was fun to be in the bath with mom even though he was fully clothed. I considered going downstairs and grabbing the camera at some point, but decided I would rather not let him drip all over the house. Besides, he was quite sad about the whole thing...no need to prolong the agony. So I got him out of his wet clothes without photo documentation of the event. (My brother-in-law will be so happy to read that.) I did manage to find a couple of bath pictures of him and his friend, Adam, that were taken on SuperBowl Sunday this year, though. You can enjoy that instead. Poor boys...their girlfriends will probably find these one day.


Wow, my kid looks orange!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thoughts were that my nephew had drowned due to the fact that you were probably headed for your camera, but was pleased to read on.
P.S. - Gunkle says "Good Job"!!!!!
He is most proud of you.

A & D Weston said...

Cute boys!

Amy said...

I love Jo's comments. Jack feel in the tub once and was quite startled. Glad that the boy made it ok.

Mary said...

It is a mothers right to take embarassing bath photos. You will need these to bribe him to stay away from girls someday.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

How funny and sad (for the little guy). Good job on using self control and not using the little guys misfortune for our entertainment. I hope that doesn't scare him off from future baths!

April said...

I also can't take showers while Adam is awake as he does the same thing. Why is it that as he grows and learns, little pieces of my privacy and sanity slip away...