November 4, 2008

I Must Boast

This is what I can do by myself with 45 minutes and a rake (plus the side yard which you can't see).This is what I can do by myself with an hour and a half and a rake.And this is what I can do when I make the Family Home Evening lesson be about hard work and the activity is help mom finish raking even though it is completely dark outside. I should have used the wide angle lens this morning, but funny enough, I was too lazy to swap it out. Just know that the whole front yard is finished.We have a leaf blower, but for some reason I just felt like doing it the old fashioned way. I'm sore today. I wonder why.

8 comments:

Shelly said...

You go girl!! I love that soreness after hard work like that.

Tam said...

good job. looks great. now hopefully the wind won't blow.

Deborah said...

Impressive. I've been looking for a pile of leaves to take pictures with my kids.

Joanna said...

good for you! I love feeling sore the morning after working hard in the yard! It is a good sore.

Jaime said...

That is a ton of work! Way to go :) I never attempt it, it looks like way too much work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet you were sore! It's funny...I always have this plan of making leaf-raking into FHE, but it's always too dark this time of year to do it with the kids. Maybe we'll just have to get out there..my kids love doing it!

Amy said...

I love raking leaves too. I did our front yard yesterday and today I will do the backyard. Love the blisters too.

Mary said...

Wow. You are impressive. Nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done.