Usually when we say our prayers at night, the Boy just repeats whatever we tell him to say. This morning I was sitting on the couch and he came and sat next to me. I remembered that I needed to say my prayers...so I told him, "Mommy is going to say a prayer", which I proceeded to do in silence.
After about ten seconds I hear him say, "Fader (Father), tank (thank) thee...for day...mommy...daddy... Roxy...family..." So I started to repeat after him this time. Then there was a pause. He wasn't quite sure where to go from there. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and he was surveying the room. He then continued, "...chair, pillow, light. Jesus name. Amen."
Amazing. I just about cried, but it was so dang cute I just giggled instead.
November 13, 2008
I Didn't Know He Could Do This
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
that is SO sweet. I still remember the first time Tyler said his own prayer. It is something that stays with you. What a great mom you are!
What a precious, smart boy.
What a sweet boy! That is definitely one of those moments that makes your heart smile and reminds you how lucky we are to be mothers.
Moments like that make up for some of the difficult moments we have as parents. He is a sweetheart.
What a sweetie! Just when you think they don't pay attention to a thing you say...I love that he looked around the room for other things to be "thankful" for.
that is so cute. i imagined it all happening as i read. aren't they funny when they're learning this stuff?
That's awesome!
priceless!
Post a Comment