The Man took some vacation this week. We decided to stick around here and take some day trips. Unfortunately, the weather has been extremely uncooperative until today. So we have been lazing around quite a bit. And even though we have been many times before, Wednesday we took the Boy to the Play Museum and did two new things we have not done there yet:
Ride the Carousel...
...and see the Butterfly Exhibit, which was pretty neat.
Of course we had to stop for the fish. Or "shish" as the Boy calls them.Today was still cool but not rainy at least, so we drove to Letchworth State Park. I was not aware that it had waterfalls. We took a short hike past the Upper and Middle Falls. Thanks to the Shelton's for letting us borrow their new backpack. Doesn't it look totally uncomfortable? The Boy really liked it, though. And that's what counts.
Then we finished with a picnic, where you can start to see the exhaustion on the Boy's face.
He fell asleep on the way home. It was lovely.
May 23, 2008
Busy, Busy, Busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hate the Backpack - voted against it if I remember correctly.
My poor nephew being hauled around like a bag of school books:)
You guys looked like you had lots of fun.
I need to revisit the museum. It looks like there are lots of great new things to see.
I love vacations at home and we loved the backpack, back in our day. Darren said he always felt like a mule.
What a fun week! Vacations at home are great. Glad to see that there are no pictures of Dance Dance Revolution. I am SOOO WHITE.
How fun! That reminds me of all things we should do here before it's time to leave! Cute pics by the way...
How fun to have some family time and just bum around, but Letchworth is also always worth the day trip. I love that you guys got bikes with your extra tax cash and lastly the boy looks great with a mohawk!
As always, great pictures! Looks like you're taking full advantage of the fun things around your area, that's something we need to work on down here.
he's so sweet
I love Letchworth! I made some woodcut prints of those falls! You look so happy! We've been to church 2 times in the last 2 months...I hate not seeing you there. The split really throws me off!
Post a Comment