When I was about seven or eight I got sick with what was probably the flu. My sister, Jodie, bought me a stuffed elephant which I named Dudely E. Phunt. I was seven. Give me a break. I kept that stuffed elephant and pulled it out whenever I felt really sick.
Now the Boy has it. And we do the same thing. He hasn't been feeling so hot the last couple of days - just ask my carpet upstairs and my husband who had to get the shop vac out last night and clean up the mess. I didn't quite get him over to the hardwoods in time.
On the bright side, the Boy is a very good sick kid. He doesn't know and he barely seems to care that he's sick. Plus, he sleeps a lot more. The night before last he slept 14 hours (I had to go wake him up) and then took a 4 hour nap that day. Not bad. Not bad at all. I think that is the magic of Dudely.
6 comments:
Am I a bad mom? Sometimes I really enjoy it when my kids are sick. Ok, so maybe that depends on what kind of sick. But I love when they just slow down a little bit, cuddle a lot more, and don't have it in them to fight with you about anything.
Poor baby boy. Give him a kiss from Aunt Deborah.
I love the Elephant and love that it was yours. Poor boy!
Poor baby! How's Mommy?
He looks so forlorn. What a cute kid!
yeah, after one round of the stomach bug at our house a few years ago i invested in a carpet cleaner. it's just a must.
sorry he's been sick. no fun at all.
Post a Comment