August 1, 2009

Potty Training: Revised Strategy

If you're sick of hearing my potty training stories, I apologize. I'm doing this mostly for me so that I can remember it for the next child.

After eight potty accidents yesterday, some of which were very deliberate, I am yet again adapting my strategy. Today we are going birthday suit from the waist down - I couldn't tell when he was peeing in his underwear until it was too late. The Boy still tells me he needs to go, but he just doesn't want to do it in the bathroom now. After peeing on the carpet twice this morning (isn't it lovely that I just had them cleaned yesterday?), we finally had some success with him wanting to use the toilet. I've given up on the jelly beans; we are moving to stickers.

One more week. Maybe we'll have to wait another six months if he's just not ready.

4 comments:

Tam said...

you're right, there really is nothing wrong with hanging it up for a while. again, and again, and again Good Luck! you seem to be very level headed about this.

Amy said...

I hope you are getting some pee pee treats of your own. I think I will buy myself new pair of shoes when this is all done.

Holly said...

Your potty training tails are entertaining and educational for me as I'm not dealing with that yet. I love the boys quotes-keep those coming!

A & D Weston said...

i hate to say this, but you will not need any of this info for "next time" because each time is like starting from scratch. potty-training stinks.