April 28, 2009

Grandpa!

Grandpa Jim came to visit us this week. The Boy loved Grandpa - he was the best toy ever. And he came with books! Although Grandpa did MUCH more with the Boy than read, I didn't take my camera along for the fish hatchery at Powder Mills Park or the Butterfly Garden at the museum.
The other thing Grandpa did was help us finish our attic space. This is what it looked like when he and The Man started:

This is where we are now (yay, lights!)

Unfortunately, Grandpa had to go back home and The Man had to travel, too. But we would have never gotten even this far without Jim. We'll miss you, Grandpa. Thank you!

Should we take bets on whether or not I can finish this room by myself before The Man gets back?

12 comments:

Joe V. said...

The 2nd picture looks like a publicity photo from AARP Magazine. Great shot.

April said...

The room looks great...it could make a great nursery...

Joanna said...

you can totally finish it and knowing you you will. How fun to have grandpa come.

Tam said...

Wait a minute. Nursery? Is your itch to get the room done in a hurry due to nesting? Are we starting a rumor or is there some truth here? Looks like a fun visit with Jim.

Deborah said...

I would never take bets against you. How exciting to get the nursery ready!!

amy greenway said...

You can do it for sure! I love projects like that. With a days warning I would be there in the nastiest paint clothes ever. Oh man, now I'm itching for a project...poor Adam. :)

Amy said...

I bet it is already done:)

Seleta said...

Wait amy that is what I was going to say! Anna you are super woman!

Stephanie said...

Is this rumor true?!!!! You've gotta have another boy and girl so we can match up our kids!

A & D Weston said...

I need gpa jim to come visit for a while....

Paul and Holly Domm said...

How fun to have Grandpa for a little while! I've been catching up with via the blog and I have to say that the boy is one cute kid-I love the Easter pictures, and the belly button hugs!

nvandermeid said...

You have my vote! Looks great so far..........