The Boy now understands that a red light means stop, a green light means go, and a yellow light means slow down (or as he says, swooooooo doooooown). Unfortunately, he does not know that there are exceptions to the red light means stop rule.
Yesterday I was driving as he kept his running commentary of what color the light ahead was and what that means. When I went to make a right at a red light, he yelled from the back "stop....Stop...STOP! Red means stop!"
Yesterday I was driving as he kept his running commentary of what color the light ahead was and what that means. When I went to make a right at a red light, he yelled from the back "stop....Stop...STOP! Red means stop!"
Oh joy. A backseat driver.

10 comments:
I love a smart boy!
Takes after his dad - I see.
When Tyler was three I thought it would be funny to teach him yellow means go faster. Then he was a sunbeam and during a sharing time time they were asking what the color yellow meant on the traffic light (looking for the word caution) and he yells out "Go faster"
good times!
Okay, have to tell this story...
In Sweden, there is no right turn on red. (Some Swedes wish they did, but never mind.)
So I twisted my ankle at one point on my mission (in Sweden), and my companion needed to learn how to drive a manual and drive in Sweden. No biggie. Just have to show him the ropes, and he picked up the manual pretty quickly. And I went over what the different signs meant (which he mostly knew anyway). And I made sure to mention that there was no right on red in Sweden, under any circumstances. "Make sure you remember, because it's easy to forget," was something like what I said.
Well, there's this one turn where it really would be perfect just to execute a quick little RoR, instead of waiting at a stoplight that never has any cross traffic. So, of course, I reminded my companion as we approached the turn. Or, rather, I didn't remember whether I had told him before. So I said, "Did you know there's no right turn on red in Sweden?" Apparently, he did. He said, "Did you know you said that exact same thing the last two times we came through this turn?" Whoops.
So now, any time I'm repeating myself, my wife or I will say, "...And by the way, did you know there's no right turn in Sweden?"
Haha Joe...I love Meta!
So funny, but I have to warn you they just get worse!!! Here's a funny one...A few years ago my mom was here visiting. Of course she got all turned around bringing Nicolas home from pre-school and she called me from her cell. I said mom, you were suppose to turn right, she exclaimed "oh!! I was suppose to turn right!?" Nicolas screams in the background "Peanut, your always suppse to choose the right, that's why you got lost!" Kids.
So funny! And what a smart boy :) Daniel does not tell me the colors (he has not even noticed the traffic lights yet) but he does tell me what direction to turn "turn that way!" (and points to a direction). When did our boys get so bossy?! B/c I have my own backseat driver I really appreciated this post :)
Lucky you! I have 2 back seat drivers too!
bryanna does the backseat driver thing.
but she also says things like "i wanna go that way...NO NO NO NOT THIS WAY....THAT WAY!!!"
it gets rough to drive with her in the back seat sometimes, because i never seem to go the way she wants to go.
yeah...we have two. it's so funny to listen to Beckham tell me that i shouldn't be going because there's a red light (more often than not the red light is for the other direction and he gets freaked out because he thinks i'm not obeying traffic laws).
Post a Comment