So many pictures. So unwilling to write and write and write. So I'll give you a highlight. But first, the sister-in-law for which my husband mistook me (see previous post) is on the right in the picture below. What do you think? Is he off the hook?Next is my favorite memory and picture from the trip. We took the boat out one evening, skied for about an hour and a half, stopped on a beach to have some watermelon and then pushed off for more skiing. So what are all the girls doing sitting on the back of the boat in the middle of the lake at night? Paddling with our feet ,of course. Why? Because the boat died and there was only one paddle aboard. That may be forgivable had it been the first time that week the boat had died - leaving people afloat on the lake begging others for a tow. But no. It was the third. But the men were so confident in their ability to fix the boat, they felt that two paddles would be superfluous.
Unfortunately, there aren't many people out and about on the lake at night. So we were stuck for three hours before flagging someone down to drag us to the dock. I felt sort of bad for all the men who were taking turns with the one paddle trying to get us home. The women had a pretty good time, I think. At least I did. Everyone seems funny when you're stuck in the middle of the lake at 11:00 at night.
Lots more happened. But I'll just let you look at the pictures. We had a great time. THANK YOU so much to my in-laws for having us and planning it - especially my mother-in-law, who offered to let the Boy sleep at her house while the Man and I stayed somewhere else. So, so nice.
And I absolutely cannot overlook our friends, the Pulley's, for taking Roxy in while we were gone. THANK YOU! She is so depressed to be back home with us.
June 22, 2008
We're Back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
No pictures of Dave? He must still be in the doghouse for not seeing you. Though seeing the picture, you do share some similarities.
We loved having Roxy and she is welcome at our house anytime.
You way over did the chocolates. Thanks
It looks like you had so much FUN! So glad you are back!
Looks like it was the perfect vacation.
I have to say this brings back a lot of memories from past boat trips in our own family. Do you remember how many times your father forgot to bring the oars and we would be stuck in the middle of the lake only to have to spen two hours paddling back to shore? History definitely repeats itself! But the point is, it is always about who you are with and how much fun you are having, not what you're doing at the time. And I would say you look so much like your sister in law that I forgive your husband in all the confusion for not being able to pick you out of the crowd. You are ALL so angelic!! love MOM
You guys could pass for sisters! Looks like you guys had a great trip and it probably would have been even better if someone would have shown up to take you home from the airport! :)
Post a Comment