June 18, 2008

Invisible

I just had to share this little tid bit. About an hour ago I was standing in my mother-in-law's kitchen when The Man walked in from the dining room. He was not standing more than 5 feet away when he said, "Has anyone seen Anna? Has anyone seen my wife?" Then he turned and faced me, looking right past me - still searching. I stood there staring at him but did not say anything. I was certain that within a second he would see me. He then pushed past me still asking, "where's my wife". He actually bumped into me. I thought it was a joke. But it wasn't. As he started to walk out of the room I finally said something. Apparently he thought I was his sister, so he never looked directly at me. I guess after almost nine years of marriage, I have become invisible. Now, should I use my powers for good or for evil? Hmmm...

*for those of you who wanted to see it, I'll post a picture of the sister-in-law when I get back next week.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Can you please post a picture of your sis. in law? I just can't answer without it....sorry.

Anonymous said...

EVIL - naturally!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I also would like to see a picture of his sister!

Amy said...

When I told Ryan this story his immediate reaction was, "Evil. Definitely, evil." I am happy to sew your super hero costume for you.

Stephanie said...

I'll gladly help with that super hero costume!

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

How funny! Can't wait to see pics of the SIL!