So I told you the story about the boat while we were on vacation. Well, my brother-in-law sent this email to all of us and has graciously agreed to let me post it. I think he is one of the funniest people I have ever met. Anyhow, here's what he sent:
Attached is the approximate path we traveled very slowly on the nightof June 19, 2008. We paddled (singular- paddle) about 1.5 miles (not counting zig zags) and got towed about 2 miles.
Of the 17 of us that left that evening, only 9 survived. Some were eaten, others drowned while trying to escape. Next time we should bring more licorice.
Maybe we can have a boat people reunion next year.
Of the 17 of us that left that evening, only 9 survived. Some were eaten, others drowned while trying to escape. Next time we should bring more licorice.
Maybe we can have a boat people reunion next year.

It's kind of hard to see where you're going in the dark.
2 comments:
Too funny. I'm so happy that you were a fortunate survivor.
licorice could have saved lives.
always a lesson learned....
Post a Comment