My grandmother and two of her friends came up this weekend to attend my stake's conference. They did that because our former Stake President from long ago was going to be there. It's this man:

We got to sit close and listen for both sessions. On Sunday morning, the Boy came with us. I asked him if he wanted to meet Elder Bednar and shake his hand. He was indecisive at first but finally settled on being shy and not meeting him.
While we were sitting in conference, the Boy leaned over to me and asked, "What's he like", meaning Elder Bednar. I said, "Well, he's nice, and smart, and he loves Heavenly Father and Jesus very much". The Boy got excited and said, "He's just like me!"

After that he decided it would be okay to meet him. He drew him a picture and went up to give it to him after the meeting. They shook hands. Elder Bednar squatted down, asked the Boy his name and his age, and thanked him for the card. It was very sweet and I felt so blessed not only to be there myself, but also to give my child the chance to hear and meet an apostle in person.

We got to sit close and listen for both sessions. On Sunday morning, the Boy came with us. I asked him if he wanted to meet Elder Bednar and shake his hand. He was indecisive at first but finally settled on being shy and not meeting him.
While we were sitting in conference, the Boy leaned over to me and asked, "What's he like", meaning Elder Bednar. I said, "Well, he's nice, and smart, and he loves Heavenly Father and Jesus very much". The Boy got excited and said, "He's just like me!"
After that he decided it would be okay to meet him. He drew him a picture and went up to give it to him after the meeting. They shook hands. Elder Bednar squatted down, asked the Boy his name and his age, and thanked him for the card. It was very sweet and I felt so blessed not only to be there myself, but also to give my child the chance to hear and meet an apostle in person.
3 comments:
What a great memor.
Memory
Wow, he was your stake president- so cool. I met him while attending Ricks and he was such a interesting person to talk too and I love the spirit about him- so wonderful to hear him again in person I'm sure! I think about you often hope you are well!
Post a Comment