June 27, 2011

New Cars!

Neither one of us has never had a new car right off the lot. After hanging on to my 1994 Toyota Celica purchased when I was in high school and our 1998 Honda Accord that we bought in 2002, we decided it was time to ditch them both in New York. It probably had something to do with the fact that the mechanic declared them something near death traps. So after much delibertation here's what we came up with.

The Man's 40 mpg commuter 2012 Honda Civic in very manly grey. Nice, huh? I like driving this little guy.

And my really dark blue (I really wanted white but they weren't out yet) 2012 Hyundai Sonata. Deciding on this one was a real pain from the year, make, and model right down to the color. I drove a lot of cars before getting to this one. I think we are both very satisfied, though. *sighs*

5 comments:

Amy said...

They are so pretty. The sonotas are very pretty when I see them on the road. Yeah for no longer driving death traps!

Heather Jewell said...

Wait a minute, isn't there some sort of commandment that you are supposed to be driving a van now, like the rest of us moms?
So exciting, congratulations! Glad you guys are settling in well.

Tam said...

Congratulations! You guys certainly deserve 'em.

Joanna said...

how fun!

p.s. you are missed!

nvandermeid said...

yeah! That is super exciting! :-)