I may have stumbled upon something wonderful. The Boy found the digital voice recorded a few days ago. He’s been playing with it almost constantly since. Today, I decided to put it to use in a way only a nagging mother could. After the Boy comes down from quiet/nap time, it can be a struggle to get him to get back into his pants. Okay, honestly, it’s always a struggle to get into his pants. Here’s where the recorder comes in.
I recorded me saying, “Boy, put your underwear and your pants back on”. I said it to him one time after he came down today. When he didn’t comply, I hit PLAY. The great thing abut the digital recorder is that you don’t have to rewind. It cues up to the beginning of the last recording all by itself. So I hit PLAY again. All the while, I’m enjoying chips and salsa. He got dressed, I spared myself the agony of having to repeat and repeat and repeat. Victory!
![]()
March 10, 2011
Repeat…Repeat…Repeat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are definitely onto something here. My mind is starting to brainstorm.
This is awesome.
That is pure GENIUS! I want one that has about 15 set commands in my voice so I can just punch in a number 13 and it will say "Don't forget to put your dishes in the sink." And all I'll ever have to say are the nice things like "good job, man!" or "you're the best!"
I'm with the two Amys. love it!
Post a Comment