July 3, 2010

The Birth...in Short

Here's the story. I went into labor around 12:30 am on Saturday morning. I woke up The Man around 1:00 am to inform him I might be in labor. I spent the next hour in denial until the pain was a bit too much. So we called the Holmes' at 2:00 am to come stay with the Boy.


I spent two plus hours in triage because the woman next to me decided to have her baby then and there. When I got to the hospital I was dialated to about a two and by the time I got my epidural an eternity later, I was already a seven. Holy pain. I was not made for labor. The Girl's heart rate dropped shortly after the epidural. My room went from having three people to about ten people in a matter of seconds. A few shots of this and that along with some fast acting staff and things went back to normal quickly, though. She was born at 6:12 am - delivered by Dr. Duguid, Nurse Tracy, and friend and medical student Stephanie (who had her baby the next day!).

Big brother is happy with his little sister, and so are we.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Congratulations guys!! It is driving me nuts that I don't know her name...maybe you should email me and let me know shelly.stoddard@gmail.com. She is adorable, and I love the last picture of the boy holding her. too cute!!

Henderson said...

Yeah!! I love the story and photos--she is so precious. And thanks for the shout-out...I feel special. :) I guess that's how it feels to be an ob/gyn and to always be remembered in people's birth stories. :)

We definitely need to get our girls together soon!

Amy said...

I love the picture of the boy holding the girl. Too cute.