April 10, 2010

Arkansas and Easter

With hubby away for forever and a day, the Boy and I headed down to Arkansas for a week. What did the Boy get out of it?

- new clothes
- a new piggy bank filled with money any time he blinked
- a day with "Guncle" at Chucky Cheese, riding the big boy train, playing at grandpa's, and picking out new toys
- all the older cousin wrestling time he could handle
- no naps (I now know without a doubt that he still needs one every day)
- an Easter egg hunt in warm sun
- lots of attention from everyone
- a break from me


And what did I get?

- a week filled with all the best fast food on the earth like Sonic, Chick-Fil-A, Geno's Pizza, and Long John Silvers...and as a result...
- four pounds (that's right, four pounds in one week)
- a girl's night
- a much needed pedicure courtesy of the sis
- a $28 dollar hair cut that would have cost me $55 here
- a break from being "mommy"
- new clothes and a blessing dress for little girl
- time with my family that would have otherwise been spent in my home....alone

It will be nice when we live a little closer.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Sounds like a great getaway! I used to live in Arkansas and still have family there! I miss Sonic too...

Amberly said...

I guess I should have elborated! I lived in a really rural area near Mena (West of Hot Springs) and then in Bentonville. I have some family still in the Bentonville area and then down in Pencil Bluff. Any of that near you?

Tam said...

sounds nice. i especially like the four pounds and a break from mom parts. sometimes i can just feel that my kids need a break from me. it does everybody good. glad you had a break too!