March 11, 2010

What to Expect...

Last week I watched the four-month-old of a friend for half a day. I wondered how the Boy would do with this in hopes for some sign as to how he'll take to his new baby sister.

He was very sweet to him and so soft. He told him all sorts of things about growing up. I was very encouraged until the end of the day came and the Boy resolutely stated: "I want baby to go home now." Oh dear.

2 comments:

laura said...

that's probably how evelyn feels although she is generally gentle.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

Tell me about it. We watched our friends baby (also 4 months old) a few weeks ago and Ravi was soooo jealous I couldn't believe it. And a few days later he asked me if we were still watching Baby X, and when I said "nope" he said, "I don't want a baby, I want a fish!" don't worry, not pregnant, just thought it was funny that he needed to state that he was not in any way interested that prospect.