February 3, 2010

Three Years Old!

The Boy turned three yesterday. Bring on the pictures!


I made this cute birthday banner at the last second (shout out to Amy for sewing the ribbon on for me). I got the idea from my friend, Kelly. I would have bought one, but by the time I thought of it, it was too late to have it shipped on time. So I copied this one; I took the easy way out and went with the stick-on, pre-cut felt letters, though.

The Boy woke up to birthday balloons and a crown. He's happy to show everyone now that he is three.

I made him a pancake breakfast, which was met with less welcome than I thought, but that's okay. I'm thinking French toast next year.


He had school yesterday, so I sent him off with ice cream cone cupcakes to share with his friends.

After his nap, we picked up his friend Adam and took them both to Bounce it Out. Where they:


Smiled a lot...


...slid a lot...


...climbed a lot...


...and occassionally got hoisted backwards up the slide by dad, who took the entire day off to celebrate with us.

The Boy came home to have his favorite dinner of spaghetti, and holy cow can that kid eat.


That was followed by opening presents. One of the things we got him was a reversible Superman/Batman cape, which he only takes off at my request now. He also got an etch-a-sketch that he loves, some much needed puzzles, a Leapster that is hard for him to put down, and an addition to his race track that makes it way more fun.

Finally, we ended with Mint Chocolate Chip and Brownie ice cream cake - his request and I wasn't about to complain.

I can't believe how fast and slow the time has gone by. Happy Birthday, baby. We love you so much!

8 comments:

Tam said...

Happy Birthday Big Kid! We thought about you. He finger counts just like Michael does.

Deborah said...

Happy birthday, big guy! I can't believe he's three already. Tell him his aunt Deborah loves him and never gets mad at him--it's just an excuse for mean Mommy!

Anna said...

Haha! I should fine a new person to use as a threat. The Boy is getting smarter and Aunt Deborah is too nice to be believable as "mean".

Amy said...

Looks like a perfect day.

laura said...

your cupcake ice cream cones are so cute! happy birthday!

kelly said...

the banner turned out great! what a special day for the cute boy. we all enjoyed eating ice cream cone cupcakes in his honor.

nvandermeid said...

What a great day! Time does go by fast!!!!

Lisa O said...

What a day! I can't believe our little guys are three. Happy birthday little man!