We are, indeed, expecting. Anyone who lives near us probably already knows this and has for some time. Between my informative two-year old and my unstoppable nausea, it was pretty difficult to hide. We are due on the Fourth of July. I have a gift for having due dates land on a holiday - the Boy was due on Valentine's.
This time around has been more difficult than the first. Eating is such a chore. I have spent a good amount of time in the bathroom and even more time contemplating but fighting it. The Boy has been very sweet and helpful during these times. He comes into the bathroom and generally asks if I'm "spitting out the baby". He stands next to the toilet and offers his flushing services, too. On occassion he waxes empathetic, leaning over the bowl, coughing, and spitting, claiming that he is also very sick. It is a welcome distraction and makes me giggle. I am, however, looking forward to the day where I gain a pound rather than lose. Let's hope that comes soon.

5 comments:
Congrats! I hope you feel better soon.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay! congrats! lame lame lame nausea. i can totally empathize. it's one of the main reasons why i may stick with two kids. i hope you feel better very soon!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys. I am two months away and excited for a baby in the house. I hope you get feeling better. I would love to talk to you sometime. BTW, Kelly is getting married in a few weeks. Take care.
What happy news Anna! And so glad that the Boy can make you giggle while you're battling the nausea. He is looking mighty handsome these days. Tell everyone at card swap hi for me! Congratulations!
Post a Comment