December 29, 2009

Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas. The Man's brother, wife, and their three girls came up and stayed a couple of days with us. It was so nice to have Tamara here - she did the dishes the entire time and helped me cook. *sighs* They left too soon.



We had our Christmas Eve dinner on the floor and spent the rest of the evening with our friends the Shelton's. Christmas morning was, of course, gift time. The Boy got tons of books and puzzles as well as a race track, some magnetic blocks, and this lovely little number that took The Man many hours to assemble the night before.

This sucker is made of solid steel and is a danger to my walls, but the Boy loves it. Can't beat that.

We did Christmas dinner with the Pulley's and had a really nice time. I'll be sad when The Man has to go back to work tomorrow. Since he's been home, he has done all the dishes, made most the dinners, finished all the laundry, spent two full mornings out with the Boy, brought me whatever food I demanded, fixed a light switch, and set up our generator (just in case). Now THAT'S a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

What a cute fire truck! I love it. I am so sorry you've been so sick. I hope it passes soon.

Tam said...

It was a merry Christmas indeed. Thanks so much for having us.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

we had that same car track. heads up: the cars for it don't last very long. at least ours didn't and we went through four of them before i stopped buying them. but it was fun for us while it lasted. (of course i have two boys, so they're bound to be hard on their stuff, and i hope yours last longer!)