September 16, 2008

My Dad

I went to Arkansas last week while The Man studied for the boards. It was a last minute "I'm having a breakdown" decision. While I was there I spent some time with my dad. That's him. He's eighty-three.

I was driving to Olive Garden with him one night to meet up with my mom and my grandmother. We passed a Hooters on the way. And the conversation went like this:

Me: Dad, did you want to go to Hooters instead? *giggles*
Dad: *smiles* No, I've been once already.
Me: Really?!
Dad: Yeah, I went and had a beer. *pause* It wasn't all that great.
Me: The beer?
Dad: No, the hooters.

I thought that was fantastic!

6 comments:

Tam said...

That is fantastic.

Joanna said...

that is TOO funny!

Anonymous said...

I'M ADOPTED!!!!!!!

Deborah said...

Funny man. Where are pictures from the trip. I want more.

Anna said...

Sorry Deborah...didn't take the camera!

Jaime said...

Cute. I was wondering where you were! Glad you're back...and breakdowns? If you're going crazy come over and join me! This rotation stinks.