This is amazing for two reasons. The first is that after a year of sleeping in a Pack 'N' Play (because I'm a good mother like that), the Girl finally has a crib.
The more incredible thing is that it has all four bumpers. The Boy was deeply attached to his long bumper, which we called a "night night". If you've seen Mr. Mom, the Boy's night night was like his woobie. You may remember from this post that I tried to take it away from him before the Girl arrived - knowing that I would eventually need them. Unfortunately he found where I stored it and I didn't have the heart to take it away from him after she came.
As I was putting together the crib last month (finally), I decided she would be fine with three bumpers. I mean...she's a year old. When I was all finished, without prompting or request, the Boy brought his night night in from his room and put it in her crib. When I told him he didn't have to do that if he didn't really want to, he said, "She can have it. She needs it to be safe."
I thought that was a very big, mature step for him. Once in a while he does ask for it back. I decided to compromise with him. On occasion now, you may find him inside her crib, snuggling his night night.
July 30, 2011
A Milestone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh, I love this, Anna.
Post a Comment