January 22, 2010

Somebody Call a Plumber

A cute story out of a big headache.

We had to call a plumber to snake our toilet, which has been partially clogged since Christmas. He called me to let me know he was on his way. Once he got here, I was in the bathroom with him describing the problem when his cell phone rang. I stepped out of the room to let him take the call. The Boy was in the living room watching T.V. so I decided to check on him.

On my walk from the bathroom to the living room, I hear the plumber repeating, "Hello? Hello?" I make it into the living room and spot the Boy with my cell phone. He quickly exclaims into the phone, "I'm watching Wall-E!" and hangs up. The plumber figured it out after that.

I try to remember to keep my phone out of reach, but I often forget. Pardon the random phone calls if you get one from me.


Incidentally, what was blocking the toilet? My foot pummice. I would have taken a real picture of it, but I didn't feel like touching that thing ever again. He has begun to flush objects down the toilet. Oh joy.



By the way, if you need a good plumber:

8 comments:

Deborah said...

We had to take the toilet out to remove a spoon I dropped when I was cleaning the loo.

Dakin said...

Zach once flushed a thomas train in WPK. Everyone in our whole row of buildings had sewage back up and it took the workers an entire day to push it out to the main pipes. I'm sure Katie C. still remembers the sewage she got in her basement on our account! Oh JOY!

Stephanie said...

We had to call a plumber to snake out an incredible amount of wipes. Quite an expensive oops! Why are kids facinated with putting things in the toilet? When Jason was little he tried to flush Big Bird down the loo!
Good luck!

k1 said...

Hilarious! My greatest fear is that one of the kids will get my phone and call 911. Either that or Singapore.

Seleta said...

I am still laughing! That is a great story! LOVE IT!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

ha ha! i was totally thinking of dakin's story when i read yours. actually it was only half the building...i guess our half was on a different plumping line or something.

and the boy calling a phone reminds me of myself...when i sleep. except that instead of calling, i sometimes sleep text people. true story.

kelly said...

very funny. both the phone call and the item found in the toilet. so far, my kids are just content splashing around in there and not sending objects down. gross, but less expensive.

Jen Richards said...

Daniel loves phones too (but not toilets - at least not yet!). He threw my into the pool while I was in LV a few weeks ago - it amazingly survived! Glad you got the problem fixed :)