July 28, 2009

Potty Training: Day 2

After giving up on Pull-Ups early yesterday (too much like diapers to be compatible with potty training) and enduring three accidents, we had some success yesterday afternoon when I caught him amidst accident number four and yelled, "STOP!", which he abruptly did. He was dry the rest of the day and initiating potty breaks.

Today he was dry all morning long. Sure enough, I get on the phone after his nap and he has an accident. Luckily he stopped himself half way through. The only thing I cannot get him to do is #2. He keeps doing it immediately after I put him down to sleep or when he wakes up. The good news is, he no longer likes how it feels and he takes his diaper off right afterwards. Ok that's not good from a clean up stand point, but it's progress.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Boys are hard. Keep up the good work. Do you talk about staying clean and dry in his underwear?

Anna said...

I ask if he's dry. Here and there I will mention how it feels nice to be dry. Mostly I tell him not to pee on Elmo (the pattern on his underwear).

Joanna said...

Deborah always asked my girls if they were clean and dry.

Tyler wouldn't do #2 either. One day I put the little potty in the middle of the room with a towel under it and let him go naked. It only took him that one time and then he was fine.

good luck!

k1 said...

He is doing fantastic for day 2! After W1 does #2 in his underwear (every day, without fail, argh!) he comes and tells me that it is gross.

And he is absolutely right.

Amy said...

Go boy! I hope the progress continues. We're good at the staying dry not so good on going to the bathroom other than in 8 hour increments. We're still working on that.