June 21, 2015

NYC

I finally made it back to NYC. This time I took my lovely sister-in-law Tamara, my neighbor and friend Maryann, and my friend Chelsea.  I have to admit we did a lot of the "touristy things", but I'm so glad we did. Over the course of the seven or so days we were there, I think I got a total of 24 hours of sleep.  It was great! Here are the highlights:
 The Met. 
 Central Park. *sigh* I love Central Park. We walked a little bit of it one day...
...and biked it another.

NY Cheesecake baby!

And other delicious foods like Japanese mochi ice cream, bagels, and this matzoh ball soup. 

Empire State Building? Not a total highlight. It was rainy/foggy when we went up so you couldn't see much. What we DID see was this guy from Europe proposing to this gal up there. 
 Top of the Rock. Absolutely stunning views on a gorgeous night. Loved this!
 The Lion King
 My absolute favorite part of the trip. We were checking into doing a tour of Radio City Music Hall when, by pure extraordinary luck, I saw that Rachel Yamagata, David Grey, and Amos Lee were playing that venue while we were there. I love Rachel and Amos. I wasn't familiar with their newer stuff so I was stoked to go check them out. I am so glad I did. Incredible concert. Funny, David Grey was the headliner, but we only stayed for a couple of his songs before taking off. 
 Hanging out on the Chelsea High Line after our food tour of the Chelsea Food Market. That was recommended to me by my friend, Amy, and it did not disappoint.
 The New World Trade Center
 The 9/11 Museum. Sad, but well done.

 FAO Schwarz
Improptu performance at Columbus Circle where we stayed
 Times Square
St. Patricks Cathedral

What a trip!

1 comments:

Tam said...

I love this recap! It was a terrific week!