My father passed away almost two years ago. Today is his birthday. Growing up, Dad always insisted on us going to church. He encouraged us to attend seminary and mutual. He even held callings in the Boy Scouts for our ward. He took the missionary discussions numerous times, but he never got baptized. Now that I'm older, I realize there were probably many reasons why he didn't.

Yesterday, though, he did. I took his name on the youth temple trip with us. Brogan Nicolds stood in for him and his father, Dean Nicolds, performed the ordinance. I was very overwhelmed. I was hoping to feel Dad there - approving, accepting. But that's not what I felt. What I felt was more like the Spirit telling me that I was doing the right thing. I'm grateful for that feeling and for my brother and sisters who had very supportive words the night before.
0 comments:
Post a Comment