October 25, 2012

Money

Like almost every other child this age, the Boy wants me to buy him something every time we go to the store.  He also thinks that if he treats his toys badly and breaks them, we will just buy another.  At these moments, I usually tell him that if we spend money on toys all the time, we won't have enough to buy other things that we really need.  

A few days ago after having this conversation with him for the ___th time, he came to me with all the money in his piggy bank.  He wanted me to have it (since apparently I didn't have any).  Despite my assurances I did not need it, he insisted that I take it.

A day or two went by and The Man also had a conversation with him about money.  The Boy mentioned that he had given me his piggy bank because I didn't have any.  So The Man asked, "Do you think I have money?"  To which the Boy responded, "I think you have a pretty nice collection going".

Such a funny boy.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Noah was like that. He once told me he didn't want to spend any money because he was afraid we'd be homeless!