April 15, 2012

Gas Money

My gas light was on all day yesterday and I still forgot to fill up. I forgot until about half way to church this morning. I told the Boy we'd have to stop and get gas or we might not make it, but then I realized I had no money with me. We made it just fine there and back, but that's not what this story is about.

When I picked up the Boy from his Primary class after church, he had a dollar in his pocket. I inquired of his teacher where he got it (since he was too busy to answer). She said a lady came to visit their class and tell a story. When she was finished, the Boy asked her if he could have some money. Yep. So she gave him a dollar.

I turned to the Boy and asked what happened. He said, "I have some money, let's go get some gas!" I died laughing and felt embarrassed at the same time. My five-year-old pulled the old "we need money for gas" bit with success.

0 comments: