Every night when I put the Boy to bed we talk about his favorite part of the day and his sad part of the day. Sometimes he asks me mine, too. Last night he said,
"My favorite part of the day was playing with all my friends and my sad part of the day was having to leave."
So then he asked me mine. And I said,
"It's the same as yours. My favorite part was seeing my friends and my sad part was leaving them."
And then, of course, I cried because I knew we didn't really mean the same thing.
May 19, 2011
One More Sob Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
crying again...
Crying here too.
Oh sure. We are coming back in about a year. I'm so sad that you'll be gone. On another note....I haven't found caffeine free Dr. Pepper here in Nevada. Is that a Utah thing?
You are killing me here!
I'm tearing up and I don't even live there any more. I'm ridiculous. But I see all of your points. There are things I don't miss but there are a lot of things and especially people, that I do miss. Don't worry, maybe you'll be called as a budget coach in your new ward and it will bring all of those warm Rochester memories back for you. ;) hee hee hee.
Post a Comment